The DEG Team
Collectively the Digital Economy Group team has many years of experience across a broad range of industries and specialty areas. You can be assured that although small, our team have systems in place to manage small and large projects. In addition to the strong talent and skills we also love what we do and like to focus on getting the job done on time and on budget!
Michael - Director
Speciality Areas: Digital Economy Policy & Strategy, Digital Infrastructure Investment Atrraction, Digital Skilling and Awareness Programs, Webinars and Presentations
Through the Digital Economy Group, Michael is challenging the traditional economic development models and providing the benefits to local governments and other regional organisations right across Australia. Michael holds a Bachelor of Arts (CQU), a Postgraduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning (UNE) and is a Certified Economic Developer (EDA).
Michael has worked in local government for over 14 years for small to large local government areas and across regions. The last 8 years have been spent solely on driving digital economy outcomes (policy and practice) and has been contracted by external councils to provide Digital Economy advice. Michael is regularly sought to present at conferences to communicate his experiences as a Digital Economy specialist.
In recent years Michael has worked at the edge of the new digital economy. As a local government economic development manager, he has partnered with regional organisations, industry and businesses to form collaborative competition environments where the region as a whole benefits as individual companies prosper. Michael has seen the critical need for broadband availability as an enabler of all businesses in the digital economy across all sectors. Consistent comments around 3G Blackspots and poor service area led Michael to investigate ways to generate "user maps" and use these to leverage conversations with major carriers. As a result the initial Independent Broadband Testing concept was developed by Michael. That initial work has now been fully overhauled and refined as a commercial venture with new products and an extensive future development program. Today the Mobile Coverage Testing App has grown into a mature testing system and is one of the key assets of the Digital Economy Group.
Michael's areas of expertise includes:
- Independent Mobile Coverage Testing (Voice & Broadband)
- Mobile Infrastructure Mapping and Assessments
- Digital Economy Strategy and Policy development
- Digital Economy program implementation
- Public Private Partnerships and collaborative organisations
- Activating business and community engagement
- Utilising digital technologies as part of project delivery
- Industry research and Analysis
- Bachelor of Arts (Central Queensland University), 1997
- Graduate Diploma (Urban and Regional Planning) (University of New England), 1999
- Australian Certified Economic Developer (ACEcD), 2010
Megan - Business Manager
Speciality Areas: Project Management Estimating, Client Services
Megan has completed qualifications in Small Business Management and has many years' experience in managing the admin needs of businesses for other people and her own ventures. From your initial inquiry through to finalisation of your account, Megan will be a regular point of contact at the Digital Economy Group.
Megan's areas of expertise include:
- Sourcing information, products and services
- Project management and administration
- Pricing of products and services
- Client and supplier liaison/ customer service
- Contract and purchase order management
- Accounts receivable and payable
- Ensuring services and products match the client timetable
- Diploma of Small Business Management
- Certificate IV in Business Management
- MYOB Certificate of Attainment
Rafal - Mobile Coverage App Developer
Specialty Areas: Software and app development, Google Earth, GPS and Android
Rafal is a freelance developer and is available through the Digital Economy Group to assist with specific App related matters. Rafal holds relevant qualifications in his fields of specialisation.